House at Pooh Corner

House at Pooh Corner
inspired by:

Monday 6 January 2014

I see Rude People.



Not much gets my goat more than people being rude to other (also, btw) PEOPLE, who work in shops, restaurants or other forms of the service industry.

You people makes me cringe.  You make my soul cringe.


And, just FYI, it is a deal-breaker as far as any kind of friendship might go.

If you are the sort of person who:

*  snaps superiorly, completely unnecessarily & disproportionately, at someone trying to help you or respond to your request,

*  speaks condescendingly or mockingly,
*  do either or both of the above, in a loud voice just because you have or, would like to ensure, an audience

then ... we are done.

( frankly, I am disappointed you broke through my usually very reliable screening process.  I will be reviewing my Insufferable Idiot FireWall)
********************

Dear Rude Person,
I would ask that you consider whether you would speak to that same person in the same way, in your home country, if they were the same nationality / race as you.

..........................................


No, I thought not.

You embarrass me.
I am embarrassed for you.
Because you are a Class A arse-hole.

There is no excuse for that kind of behaviour.  None.

Sometimes, VERY occasionally, frustration can take you places you, later, feel disappointed you had to go. However, you can always remain respectful and dignified.

Nothing wrong with complaining, if you are not satisfied but, sweetheart, you don't have to go nuclear, you don't have to be rude and you don't need an audience.

At the other end of the scale, I have seen people 'complain' with such class and dignity & ultimately, far more successfully than any of you squawking Jumped-up FishWives or brash puffed-up chests 'Big' Men,

And, you know what makes this already shameful scenario even more unforgivable?

Carrying out your ridiculous carry on in front of your children.

Way to parent.

Hang your head in shame.

And show a bit of class, would you?

The next day:

Spotted and sent to me by a (NICE) friend.



Word.






1 comment:

  1. Absolutely, I do have my concerns though.

    I have faced many situations before where I was personally ripped off, or given really really really bad service after paying my hard-earned money for it, just because I was too polite and didn't want to cause a scene.

    Other times I just couldn't take it, the level of incompetence, neglect, rudeness, and stupidity were too high, wasting your time and money, where you could spend both wisely otherwise. Only when your tone starts to change (don't have to go nuclear, but even calm sarcastic gets returned with more rudeness) things start moving.

    That's my two pennies, sometimes you have to show you got fangs or else you get stepped over, but without reason, that's not good, not nice, it is complete ass-holiness.

    Cheers :D

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...